Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Radiation is Not M-E's Friends

You know all my worries about giving M-E things like Oxecodone for pain and Reglan for nausia? I now have the recipe for Vicodine. That would be 10 miligrams of Oxecodone and 1 gram of Tylenol. She is also taking 3 Zofran a day. Oh, well it was like when I had Mary-Elizabeth, I said no IV's . That lasted about 9 minutes. My tolorence for her pain is non-existant in the real world.

The problem is we don't know what is causing what. Does she have a headache because she had to be poked twice in her spine or was if from the spinal radiation? Does she have a head ache because she has not eaten anything for more than 24 hours? Are the chemo and the radiation causing the upset stomach or is it because she is taking medicine on an almost empty stomach? Is her back hurting from the back poke or the radiation or because she has been in bed since Sunday? When do I panic and ask we go back to the hospital for IV morphine for me?

Okay, I will have another cup of coffee and continue to watch the Mt. St. Helen's Web Cam. Foggy and gray last time I looked.
Day two of three of Spinal Radiation
Day two of nine of Crainal Radiation

No comments: