Blog Archive

Sunday, September 05, 2004

It Was Not Me IT WAS the Modem

So, when you think you have all you can possible deal with in life, God sends you technology to really see if you can hack it. It is a long ugly story. India is fine this time of year. I was on the phone for hours and finally after Quest tested the line they concluded I need a new Modem. Oh, well. Lesson for the day: Nothing is easy. Everything is a challenge but sometimes you are vindicated. I do have a better grasp as to what I am expected to know when talking to those who hide behind the voice of "Tech Support". You better know your operating system and what version of MSN you have. You better know you RAM not to be confused with ROM. Who are these people. I realize that there is a place in the world for the truly bright and that if we don't keep them occupied we get more UniBombers and Charles Manson's but for God's sake, how many languages do I need to learn this month.

So we are off the hospital for an asparagus( L-asperiginace) shot (injection) and a blood draw. We will be drop off our used needles (sharps) and assorted garbage ( Medical Waste). I am hoping we don't get caught in too much Husky traffic (Crazy people that sit in a stadium after consuming and while consuming large amounts of beer)

My brother David is here for a couple of days and has been able to get some projects done. He and Alex are always a lot of help.


No comments: