Blog Archive

Monday, June 11, 2012

Less than 36 hours and it seems like forever.

and it is not that bad.  So she is sleeping.  I am thinking about all the bad things I am going to say about the white bread toasted American Cheese Sandwich she received last night.  I love seeing everyone. Talking to everyone. Trying not to think about what is going to happen.  


There are going to be lots and lots of tests and scans and cultures and scoping but it will only affirm what we all know.  She has to go back on to the Anti GVHD stuff again and most likely longer.  It just really really sucks.


I am having a hard time getting on top of it.  I did make sure the plants were watered. The birds fed. The milk box emptied.  The dishwasher started.  The dead food out of the fridge. The sorts of things that keep the day running.  (I did have to call my neighbor to make sure the dead food made it to yard waste.)  


While I am an expert at handling and managing and maneuvering and manipulating this place.  It takes so much out of me.  I feel the same way I did the day we left after 2.5 months.  How is that possible. 


I have to mix it up.  I am going to only say nice things about Chef Walter. 


All the containers the food is served in are compostable.


We hope the salad was washed.


The not quite toasted American Cheese was a pretty  color.  White bread has no nutrition and I am so sure that is what should be fed to children with cancer. 


See I can be nice. 

No comments: