Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bright Moments in Gray Days

Grey or is it Gray skies.  Rain, dripping.  Dogs sleeping. Child Sleeping. We are done doing errands today. 

Up at 5:00 a.m.
Out of the house by 6:00 a.m.
Off to Hospital for the "Line Pull".

Yes, they put her to sleep, and every so gently but ever so firmly remove the double Hickman from her body.  The one that has transported blood, platletts, IVIG, chemo therapy, fluides, more drugs then I can list, pain meds, anti-everything meds. 

The Line has been less willing to give up some of it's precisous fluids lately. It was more willing to receive than to reliquishe.  Since it is such a risk for infection the decission  was made to have it leave the building.

I was not in favor of it but she was so so ready to have it go.  She is in charge.  She has to have the IV's if necessary and blood draws.  I will not say a thing...

 Okay maybe one I told you so but not for now.  For now I will let her sleep off the side affects of the sleepy medicine.  I will get a couple of things done while it is quiet.

Oh, while she was recovering, I was conspiring with the secret committe to over take the caffiteria and food service.  I love a good conspiracy.

No comments: