Blog Archive

Monday, July 02, 2012

I heard something this morning


Some times in the morning there are no real noises.  The street is quiet, the birds are in between their very important chanting chorus.  The crows are yet to leave the nest to begin their morning attempts at satisfying the hunger of their two children.  The dogs are digesting and not yet trying to remind me there is a walk in the future.

I was sitting at the computer and waiting for it to wake up.  There was a soft hum.  A hum I had never heard before.  It was pulsating and not unpleasant.  I tried to ascertain it’s source but failed.  My first thought was it was a waste of electricity and I should turn off all unnecessary items.  I unplugged the printer, I turned off the power strip.  Nothing.  The noise was still there.

 Maybe there is an alien growing in the wall.  Maybe the sound has always been there. Maybe I have some really weird brain tumor. Maybe……….

I decided to just sit with the noise and see what came of it.  It was a good thing to focus upon for a few moments before the day began.

As I reflect on those moments I realize it would have been better to take a moment and join the hum for awhile but instead we switch into search and destroy mode. 

On another note, the party is coming together.  We are going to do some serious devil egg making today.  Bean shopping and fire cracker hunting.

No comments: