Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dark Mornings

It is a dark morning but that is because of the time of year and not an event. The neighborhood is dark, a few dogs, left over smells from the night creatures. No one is out and I can take Sadie into the world in my robe and slippers. I have to make a concerted effort to find a new robe. After 5 years this one is shot.

M-E is ready for school, she is working hard on all her homework. I had worried that she would not be able to handle the hours of concentration it might take but she seems to have recovered all those skills.

A year ago we were doing radiation. Hands down: This is a much better "dark" morning.

I need to do some more fall activities. Some leaves have been raked. The cover crop is planted, the pansies are in the pot. I have lots of "Fall Clean-Up to do.

The birds are asking for dinner. The Flickers are back and were squawking at me. I finally put out their suet. The other's are complaining. But it is not easy. I have to go to the Tweetery and buy white millet for the ground feeders. I have to have only sunflower seeds for the rest. I need corn on the cob for the squirrels and real nuts (not peanuts). I will make the rounds this week-end and try to get it right.

No comments: