Blog Archive

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Permission



( This is the plastic Chicken Ted Mittermeir gave M-E because we did not have any Garden Decorations. She is our favorite, so no laughing.)

Permission is defined by Websters as: the act of permitting.

Permitting is defined by Websters as: to consent to expressly or formally


I have learned over the past few months, to give myself permission "to do" and more importantly "not to do" many many things.

I now can go to bed if the counter is not clean.

I can fix toasted cheese sandwiches and soup and call it dinner.

I can let the laundry pile up and buy new underwear if I need it.( Old habit returned from Law School Days)

I can forget to pick up the paper and let a few sit on the porch and then recycle it.

I can have more pillows than anyone else in the whole world.

I can play hours of mindless solitaire.

I can ignore my daughter's rants and rages when she is on Prenisone because she is a great kid and it will pass.

I can let the dog chase the neighbors cat when they are not watching.

I can go to church and light candles I don't pay for.

I can be mad a God sometimes while relying on comfort the next moment.

I can sit back and watch the leaves fall and know they can be raked this week-end.

I can let the Morning Glory grow and pretend it was the planted kind.

I can shop on E-Bay just for fun even I don't buy anything and forgive myself when I do.

I can bid on things just to make the price go up.

I can paint my house colors no one else will.

I can wear jeans to work on Thursday.

I can say no to cases that will make me crazy.

I can take a few minutes a week to quilt and watch bad television.

I can take a nap instead of doing the dishes.

I can worry endlessly about M-E because that is my job.

I can be thankful beyond measure for all the support and good food that St. Joseph's has provided us with for these many months.

I can look forward to the future and be hopeful that it includes M-E.

I can walk the dog in my bathrobe and not care about the neighbors.

I can spend a few non-billable moments with my office mates because they need some help with a serious problem or just want to chat.

I can write on my blog when I should be doing other things.

I can ignore the sorting in the basement because it can wait.

I can use lots of coffee in my pot because I only drink a cup or two in the morning and it should be good.

I can leave my christmas lights up too long.

I can have more than one Christmas Village.
I can spend hours with M-E reading Harry Potter when she has time.

I can ......

Okay, I have to feed the dog and wake up M-E. It is not a perfect life but it is one I would not have missed for all the tea in China.

Do they still grow tea??????






No comments: