Blog Archive

Monday, October 03, 2005

Numbers are Good We are Starting Again

Tonight she has to take her first dose of chemo in what seems like an eternity. She is back on half doses of MP6 or what I call Mecraptapurine. I am sure it is a very nice drug but as a daily friend, it is not my first choice of things to give my daughter. But I feel much better once she is back on her Chemo.

We have spend the last 13+ months trying to convince her bone marrow not to be an over achiever. It will be another 20 0r so months that we keep giving it daily reminders of the need to not return to that bad habit. Daily doses of Chemo seem to do that. Being off for two weeks has definitely made me crazy. The house paid the price this time. Orange, yellow, green, red.

I was in the waiting room and was hit with a good dose of reality.
We are in such different place than a year ago. We are hauling in homework and chatting with good friends and relaxing a bit. Mary-E looked at a child and said "Mom they just started." You can always tell because they have the "hospital" issue note book and that haunted look. The one I am sure we had for months.

It is all so so much. The hours and hours we have been in the hospital and the emergency room. The world was upside down for so long. I am not sure it has righted itself, only that I can look at it and not be shaken by what I see. Like those tests where they put glasses on someone that makes the world look upside down. Within 24 hours, your brain switches the world so it looks like it should.

We are getting used to our world. I could live with this view for awhile.

No comments: