Blog Archive

Friday, October 21, 2005

Sitting on an Ice Bag

Every morning I am spending time sitting with an ice bag next to my right hip.

It is an up happy hip. It has been complaining a lot for a long time. I have been ignoring it so it is totally out of hand.

I finally made the call and went to see the Orthopod. You have to be in the right mood for a visit with them. They are always tall and skinny and disgusted with people of "substantial" size. So you have to be ready to have the :
" You need to loose weight"

Discussion.

Like I don't know that nor have I known it for the last 45 years. It is like hearing the surprise in the voices of government officials when the tragedy struck New Orleans. "Oh, we seem to have a problem in the Super Dome where there are thousands of people and no supplies. "

Duhhhhh.......

So back to me. Well I have bursitis. It is the inflammation of the Bursa which is the doctors word for everything that is not a muscle around a socket. It gets inflamed and then your muscles contract as you hold them tight because you don't want anything to move and then it gets worse and then you ignore it and then you don't go see the doctor and it gets worse and then you have to have the "You need to loose weight" talk.

So, physical therapy, ice, time, patience and if it does not get better, Shot into the muscle. Oh like I am going to let a skinny doctor come at me with a needle.

So moral to the story: I have hit the age that if something hurts, I should not ignore it. I should not feel like I am wasting the doctor's time. Pain equals a problem. Just walking it off is for stupid boys in their 20's.

No comments: