Blog Archive

Sunday, October 02, 2005

The leaves are falling.



We are having a gray, rainy, leaf dropping day. One tree is almost bare and the other decided to catch up and at least turn. We had a down pour of significant measure yesterday. Hail, rain, rain, and more rain. It was sort of fun for about the 10 minutes it lasted. I am not going to move to more tropical climes for more of the same.

M-E is doing homework, I have made messes all day in an effort to be more organized. I think I need more plastic boxes and notebooks.

I was working on the never ending issue of M-E's medical bills. We are still receiving new bills from a year ago. I used to think that writing checks to the school was painful, this does not even compare. Checks to the hospital are sort of like buying alternators. You know you need them but a new purse or a yard thing would give you so much more satisfaction. I would much rather give my income to the school than to pay for "clotting studies".

They do not make it easy. Each visit generates a new billing number from Children's and a separate bill from the doctors. All the doctors work for their own little Children's Doctor group, unless you are seeing a doctor that works for the University of Washington's little group. Then there are the bills for " miscellaneous". Those catch all the items that are billed differently than your usual daily bill. To make things worse, the insurance companies are all "rebilling". I have received a refund check for $25.00 but just endorsed it and sent it back for a new bill that now says I owe another $830.52 for the first admission more than a year ago. Some bills are $20.00 some are still in the thousands. I have given up trying to figure it out. This I know. I have a stop-loss. I have to pay co-pays on each visit to the hospital and for each prescription. I will not pay more than the stop-loss to the hospitals or the doctors( except for the co-pays.) I can not do more than that. So much of all of this happens when I am not around. I can comprehend room charges but not determine what is "special nursing". I figure it is much like the leaves falling. Why are some gone and other's not?

Tomorrow is a chemo and doctor day (three separate bills will be generated plus doctor and prescription co-pays). We will see what they say about starting Chemo again. I am prepared for most anything.

We are having sushi tonight because her numbers should be up and we can.

No comments: