Blog Archive

Friday, October 14, 2005

We are making Progress


We have made it through another "13"th. I don't even know how many months it has been since we entered this rabbit hole. It may be 13. I want it to be the 13th year.......

She loved Holy Names. The school, the teachers, the students, the atmosphere. Oh.......... I want it for her. She is such a special child, I hope this is in her future.

This school selection thing is one of those issues that is as hard for the parents as for the children. It is different for them. She has never had to go through this selection process before. It is new. She was too little to know about the first time I had to choose schools for her. Now she knows. We have not frame of reference about how they will evaluate her, how she will test, how she will be seen by the schools. All that sits in the pit of my stomach is my memories of applying to law school, the essays, the letter of recommendation, the waiting.
The disappointment in not getting my first choice. The disappointment is countered with the knowledge of how it ALL WORKED OUT.

It all works out. The choices and paths we take have good results if you have the faith they will.

I remember trying and trying to move to Eugene. Boy that would have been a bit mistake. We would have handled it, but being here during this time has been the best.

No comments: