Blog Archive

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Quilting



As the smells from the oven emerged, the friends begin to gather. One at first, then more and then the noise level increased.

Carolyn was here yesterday. She figured out that we have been together as a group since 1998. People have come and gone and come back. It has been great. A supportive group of women together. Friends through good and bad times. It is always very invigorating for my spirit.

The St. Joseph's Auction quilt is completed. I am going to do a label and deliver it on Tuesday. The last of many quilts that have been part of my contribution to the school. The next one will be for Holy Names or Blanchett.

The deliver of this quilt makes me realize that our time at St. Joseph's school is almost over. Each event, each act that marks the year will be the last. We have been at St. Joseph's for 9 years. I wanted M-E to have a continuous connection to a school and not move around a lot. Who thought, with my migrant history, we could do it. Out of chaos and instability, we all have the ability to create calm stability.

No comments: