Blog Archive

Saturday, June 15, 2013

New Observations and Good results

While I miss Seattle. A lot.  My back yard and all of it.  While I do miss it, I am also so glad to be able to be here.  What a gift to be able to spend time with my mom. 

Things are failing.  Weird things.  Things that make me unhappy because I don't want it to happen to me.  Many worry about their skin and their varicose veins, I am worried about my hands.  Mom can't do things I really really care about. I don't want to have trouble opening things or doing needlepoint.  I don't give a damn about my sagging chin.  I want to be able to thread a needle when I am 80. 

We are making progress. We are finding homes for the things that are important to her.  She does not care about things but about the people that are going to receive them.  It has been nice to know what special item or items goes with what person.  Little by little we have been finding homes for pieces of art, a certain type of glasses, a tie from Daddy. 

She is doing so great with the walking and the PT and the learning to move around with ease more.  Keeping her in the house  and under control is a bit part of this process.  She feels so so much better.  Her biggest concern is when she can sleep on her hip.  She is only 2 weeks out of surgery and that is her biggest concern. 



I hope at the end of my life, I have this many pieces of brightly colored glass in my lamp's light shade.

No comments: