Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bits of Fall

We are looking at a bit of early morning fall. I took an early morning picture of one of my
Katsuras. It is touched with bits of orange and yellow. The other one will turn a bit later and will have red high lights.

I love my trees.

We planted them 11 years ago and they have been a wonder to the neighbors ever since. They just keep growing and changing. The shade is becoming significant and the birds love them.

They are not all that they appear. They seem tall and strong and significant this time of year but when the leaves go, they show a weaker side. I look at them now and wonder if I will find a nest in them. I am always surprised that there branches are so insignificant even now. But each year they grow stronger and more substantial.

At some point the birds will deem the trees worthy of nest building. Like many things, it just takes time. And time is not to be rushed.

M-E looks great right now. She has regained some of her weight, her hair is coming back and looks so cute, (although it is not red and curly and I am disappointed,) she is going to school and has rosy cheeks. Her leaves look great but the branches are still growing and regaining their prior strength. She is not quite there yet.

I have to remember every day that we are not quiet "Nest" ready. It is a long way back. No easy ladder to the top. We have to make the entire journey.

Oh, the flicker came back and scolded me for not having any suet. I will take care of that today.

No comments: