Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Mom and Dad Showed Up with Sadie


Mom and Dad surprised us with a visit. They brought Sadie back for Mary-Elizabeth. She was very happy to see her dog. Sadie is a bit confused as always.

We are working on high school. It is our new project. We have to schedule visitations, fill out applications, obtain recommendations, take the tests, pay the fees and then pray. I don't know anything else to do.

I am so conflicted. M-E and Whitney have been such good friends for so long. I hope they are able to go to the same high school. I am afraid of what it would mean if they were not together. Some good things, some not so good.

I can not say enough about how Whitney has helped Mary-Elizabeth during this last year. She is always cheerful and will watch television or just hang out. She will play games and do beading projects or painting or drawing or read. Mary-Elizabeth loves Whitney for her humor and her great kind heart.

Well, I have promised myself that I will not worry about that part of the future. I have only so many parts of my overtaxed brain that can go for worry. I have to give Mary and God and the Universe a chance to work. Every time I think this chapter is done, I receive a reminder that I have not control over the things that happen in life.

I just hate those lessons. But evidently I don't have not learned my lesson yet........

No comments: