Blog Archive

Sunday, September 18, 2005

A Gathering of Good Friends



I could not stand it any longer. I had to quilt in the the company of good friends. I simply said let's Quilt. 9:00 am on Saturday. Any one and every one could come, make a mess, and do some good things.

They came. It was a chance to spend the first real time with my quilting buds in almost a year. I so miss the chemistry, the comeradity ( I will look this word up later.)and the chance to catch up. It is so so good for the soul. We are going to do it again, a month from yesterday (Saturday Morning). 9:00 to whenever.

M-E and Whitney worked on vocabulary, poems and other homework. We sewed, we bound, we knitted, we listened to each other's stories, we were together. Being together is so important, we feed off the strength of each other. Hearing each others stories helps us gain insight and, the sharing of encouragement is so healing. Maybe those of the Jewish faith are right when the women gather separately. We always learn so much from each other.

Oh, lesson from yesterday:

Lent: is only 40 days long and Sunday's are a day off. I always thought it was from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday. I will be getting my calendar out and counting. I always give up fabric shopping for that period of time and it is a struggle. I wonder of Jesus was off on Sunday? I must think about it

No comments: