Blog Archive

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Thoughts on a Mixed up Day


It was 36 degrees in my back yard this morning. Fog, clouds. Now it is 70 and no clouds in the sky. It is sort of wonderful in that respect.

M-E has been doing homework all day. She has become quite the writer and is very dedicated to her work. She loves school and it is her way to keep her anxiety under control. She hates pressure and it is how she keeps the pressure from getting to her. She very task oriented and wants to have a task done once it is started.

She can not stand to have any pressure. She does everything to be organized and make sure that everything is where it belongs and is ready.
I marvel at this chemo skill but then she gets some of it from her Dad who will not stop a project until it is completed and I am a pretty darn good project organizer. I can take a big project and break it down into life size chunks. ( Oh, new quilt is almost ready to sew together.)

I am a bit worried about this "nose to the grindstone" attitude of hers. There needs to be some fun but we are getting to that part of the week-end.

The Hives are residing, like the waters in the Gulf, but we are living with the after affects. The high doses of Prednisone leave her very very achy and her sleep patterns are a bit off but we are hospital free until the 3rd of October. We are not talking about Venice in the present tense. It is now a very future activity. She has mentioned that she would have been better but then acknowledged we did not know she would be better.

We have switched to high school applications. They are coming in and we are going to Office Max for the perfect note book. We areapplying to Holy Name, and Blanchett. We have to look into the public schools also. I say we because I am writing the checks and and making the appointments and trying to figure out how to pay for all of it. We shall see how that the procees goes, visitations, applications, tests, open houses and all the rest. I guess it is good practice for college. I am new to this process. I lived in a one High School town in the good old days where no one swore on television and movies were a nickel.

I have probably been the most disappointed over the past few days. I need to buckle down and focus on the rest of the year. I had been sort of "surviving" until the trip when I could really relax. I have decided to take a couple of days and do some "power relaxation". I started by taking a nap today. It is a start. I have to dive back into work. April will be a good trip.

I am getting back at the universe by painting the house. Not the house but the trim. Oh, I will put up pictures. Visualize Starburst. Enough said for now. It should be done by the end of next week.

Oh, thanks for all that everyone had done to get us ready for our trip. The new shoes, the change for the Venice Jar, prefect bags, the guide books and other information. All the great support and good thoughts. They will not go to waste. I promise. Come hell or high water ( a real possibility in Venice) we are going to drink expensive coffee by the canals.

No comments: