Blog Archive

Sunday, September 04, 2005

An Ode to Miller Griffiths

Miller lost his battle with AID's. He went down fighting and without regret. He was greatly loved and will be missed. He was such a great person with a sense of self and purpose in his life. He gave so much to so many. My favorite saying: You are your accessories.

I found this poem and kept a copy. It was written in the 30's and I think is appropriate for this posting.



Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am in a thousand winds that blow, I am the softly falling snow.

I am the gentle showers of rain, I am the fields of ripening grain.

I am in the morning hush, I am in the graceful rush

Of beautiful birds in circling flight, I am the starshine of the night.

I am in the flowers that bloom, I am in a quiet room.

I am in the birds that sing, I am in each lovely thing.

Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there.
Author unknown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going. I'm sure you'd be interested in marriage counseling in respect to info on marriage counseling

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow blogger,

I have been reading your blog as well as many others. I have found your site material overall very intriguing, yet I want to ask you as well as others, let's all remember the victims of hurricane Katrina and how they could use all of our support to re-build their lives. So let's pitch - in and donate, I've included information on how we all can get involved on my site. So, show you care and join with me at my Toy site. You'll be glad you helped, I know I feel good helping!