Blog Archive

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Some Thoughts and some Prayers

Each day that passes as we head to school, I say a few prayers. I realize that we have stepped out of our lives for an entire year. We seemed to have missed lots but in many ways things are very much the same. Same uniform, same supply list, same teachers, same schedule. It is very comforting. When people talk about the security given to us by routine and constancy, I never truly, understood. I do now.

We were up early this A.M. and were successful in going to church. There were candles to light and seats to be had. The scripture was one that has always confused me and I need to have a discussion about it with someone some day. It is the one that tells us as people of faith we should confront those in our midst if we perceive they are falling away from faith. If they don't listen, we are to treat them "like Gentiles". What little knowledge I have about Biblical time, that is a bad way to be treated.

I hope the ultimate message should be we should pray and care for those that need it most. I cannot not imagine what a world without spiritual support.

I think I have said a million prayers during the last few months. I have concluded all of our thoughts are a form of prayer. I think that is why "bad thoughts" are to be confessed and forgiveness sought. I think we talk a lot about how to pray and the best place and time and position. I don't believe there is such a barrier between ourselves and God or Mary or Buddha or the Great Spirit. I can not believe there is a "God/Human barrier like there is a blood/brain barrier. We don't have to have special places or ways to be in touch. I think we only need to be aware. I have to believe there is no barrier or I would go crazy.

Lots of prayers are needed now. I have no way to relieve the suffering in Katrine's path but have decided to be kinder and more generous to those in my path. I am going to work on forgiveness and try to be more open to the good things I can accomplish. I am sure I will fail and become impatient with the world and it's occupants but I hope a few prayers will help.




No comments: