Blog Archive

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The sun is up, I should walk the dogs.

The Plan:

Water the yard.
And feed the birds.
And floss my teeth.
And fill the yard waste bin with something I don't want.
And do some more desk clearing.
And do some laundry and hang the sheets out to dry.
And rake up the irritating pine cones on the side of the house.
And do some gardening on that side and maybe plant a tree or two. 
And decide what outing we can do today to get Mary-Elizabeth to do some more walking.
And call my mom and tell her about the newest news on Featherville Idaho.
And look on E-bay for Ice cream forks lest I ever return to the 1988's.
Contact my newly found Barnes Cousins and send them some pictures of the family and plan a mini-reunion.
Go on an archaeological dig and find more pictures in the basement and everywhere.
Talk to friends.
Figure out something for dinner.
Finish War and Peace
Finish the two quilt backs so I can start a new one. 


Reality:
Some watering,
Potatoes dug,
The yard waste filled a little bit,
The Russians are almost to Moscow
My cousin Jane came over.  She is moving to Seattle and lots to say.
Trip to Snohomish in search of a desk for Mary-E
A lovely lunch at a Thai Restaurant,
Lots of walking around a cute little town,
Child not exhausted and would like to go again.

Sometimes the things you end up doing are much better than the Plan.

 I think the Spaghetti Nebula just happened without a plan.








No comments: