Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Jays.

 
 
We have more then one kind.
 
How exciting is this?  This is so cool. 
 
 So just we are all straight.  Steller Jays are named after a guy named Steller.  They have the top notches are really noisy and love to hide food.  They are very shy and only recently  have come to the feeder. 
 
Scrub Jays are a western, non-migrating bird and not a jay.  They are related to their darker and larger brother the Crow.  They are wicked smart and are able to remember where they put all their food.  They love the peanuts and chasing the lesser bird and much prettier cousin away, the Steller Jay.
 
I love my mornings at my computer when they come and squawk at me until I give them some breakfast.
 
Nice to have a few quiet mornings.  Only one appointment today and then lunch with some friends. 
 
How Normal is that?????
 

No comments: