Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sometimes things just GO

It's not right or wrong, it just is.  All day, we spent all day at the clinic.  No way around it, and someone asked if spent a lot of time waiting and we really did not.

In at 10:30:  Back into a room.
Heat the child
Look for vein that wants to cooperate
Look some more for a vein that wants to be invaded.
Look again.
Look yet again.
Find the vein, Mom looks away.

I want her to have a port put in because I cann't stand the pokes but then I don't think that is a reasonable request.

IVIG, 138 minutes plus a flush or two.

Then a doctor appointment.  Never were we bored or kept waiting, not really.  It just is how the day goes.

I am practicing the "nature, time and patience" chant a lot.

I spoke to Michael Reinfelt today.  His daughter had a transplant many moons ago.  He and Susan came to visit us during transplant.  He told me it took about 4 years before life really settled down. 

I guess we have a bit of a way to go.  I can do this.  She can do this.  Sometimes I just assume this is going to over and done.  We have had no big set backs, no big serious issues, no ICU, no drilling of bones to stimulate growth. 

WE can do this, we can do this, we can do this.  Said three times while twirling around.

Now if I could just figure out why I have the urge to buy wine and make Muffalletta sandwiches.


No comments: