Blog Archive

Monday, November 19, 2012

What really makes us who we are.....


 The last few days have been a scurry of activity. Everyone made up for last years birthday that was spent in the hospital. I have been wined and dined and entertained for a week.  I am exhausted from all the fun.  So many great friends and time. The best is time. Time spend quietly in a small cozy restaurant with warm soup is wonderful and magical.  A cup of coffee, a small moment. Time is the best gift of all.


Birthdays are a time of reflection. A time to look back on what has happened in your life and then to evaluate just what you have accomplished and what else needs to be done.  Books to be read, trees to plant, places to visit. Not a bucket list, that sounds too final.  Just a moment to reflect on what can be done in a given amount of time. But then after reading War and Peace, I figure I can do anything.

I have been in Cancer World way too long and get angry about that on occasion.  While at Wicked this week-end, in perfect seats, Row O, I heard this song.  It made me think about how many special people have entered my life during our time in our Cancer World.  My life would have been less had I not been here.

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we areTo those who help us most to grow
If we let them.


The other gift from our time in our sort of OZ is learning to accept help and finding out what loving and wonderful friends I have. 

I am off the see the Wizard....









No comments: