Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Better than Yesterday

I called my sister and asked her about the Hives. I am wondering if I there was a simple solution. She pointed out that I had left her and what did I expect. Oh, well. I told her that MEB is leaving for camp on Sunday and Belle said that if I broke out in hives we had a serious problem.

So much for modern medicine and sage advice.

I was able to accomplish a fair amount today. I am checking the phase of the moon because the calls were weird. People never cease to amaze me with their new variations on a theme.

The guy that wants to keep his ex-wife from moving to Canada but is being deployed by the Airforce. I pointed out to him that there might be a problem with the issue of where the kids would live while he was gone. I suggested we work on getting him a new parenting plan that would give him more time with the kids when he came back . Then there was the father that wanted to establish paternity but the State did not want to help him with that right now because she was told them that she did not know who the father was. He has come forward but they don't want to deal with him. Now I know from experience that the state will come to him at some point and then bemoan the fact he has not paid. Oh well.

It is beginning to feel more normal. I have to remember that I can not rush back to that place we inhabited a year ago. It will take a while for that place to be found and rediscovered. I just want to return to our old patterns. I look at the calendar and see only oral chemo. I look at her numbers and read the books. She looks great, the hair is coming back in and she has color. What is wrong about feeling like we are back.

We should be very normal but then something happens. We have spent 8 hours at the hospital this week and expected to be there only 3o minutes. It is a small reminder that we are not done. We are part way. I have to concentrate on the next few steps of this phase and not jump ahead to the end. I can see where we are going and it is so hard to remain diligent.

Belle reminded me that it is going to take awhile before we are really done. I am just ready for it to be over. I know Mary-Elizabeth is also ready but she is still having to live with it everyday.. I guess I have to slow down and take the journey back to our lives one step at a time.

I will use work as a bit of a distraction and amusement. Someone reminded me today that part of my job is to not do everything my clients was me to do but rather to guide them to go decisions.

No comments: