Blog Archive

Sunday, August 14, 2005

High obstacles



Well here is quick picture of Sadies newest challenge. She can not get on this bed. She is so mad at me. Now she made the choice to get off but was not able to return to my newest boondogle. I feel like I am in the "Princess and the Pea" bed but I think it will be fine. I will have to upgrade from the rubber maid stool I am using. It is very comfortable except when I am on top peering down and trying to help the dog. If I fell it could cause bodily harm. What was I thinking!

Alexis told me that her parent's bed is higher and they don't us a stool. I have visions of the "flopping and squirming" method of getting on bed. It is not a good vision. Sadie loves Alison more now.

Well here we are. A year down the road. What a long road it has been. I was surprised how much M-E talked about this day with Alexis and Laura. I could hear them in the back last night while they were painting their toes for camp. It was interesting. Mary-Elizabeth was very matter of fact about it. She was having second thoughts about going to camp last night but that is not unusual for her to have problems at night.

Night brings that time when we settle into our quiet place and contemplate the events of the moments, days and other times that have lead to that quiet moment. She will be fine. I am bound and determined to make this August the 14th a place of good memories and not bad.

I woke up this morning and knew where we were on the Likiemia timeline. I just had the thougtht that at this time a year ago, I still did not know. My world was still unshaken by the potential death of my child from such a nasty disease.

We are in a much better place now. We know what she has, she has been through a year of treatment, she is going off to camp with her friends. This day is really the mark of the return to "normal" and not the end of normal.

Unlike Sadie, we have have figured out how to conquer the "obstacle".

No comments: