Blog Archive

Saturday, August 13, 2005

This Is The Day but we were having a good time.

The view out our window today.


Whitney and M-E and were at the pancake house on the top of Snoqualmie Pass a year ago, right about now. The storm was brewing but we did not know about it. Boy, we were having a good time. (As I have added years to my resume, I have resumed my Grandmother's search for the perfect pancake. They are often found in places far away from non-smoking restaurants and espresso machines.)

The weather was hot but beautiful. We were headed on a great adventure of swimming and reading and quilting.

Little did we know, the alarm had gone out and people were beginning the search for us. Our doctor was called and he told them he would tell us what they had found. I still have his home phone number. They had not called the police yet.

The irony is that I called on Friday afternoon to see if they needed to talk with me. I called the neurology people and they could not see that there was a problem. I liked that answer. Little did I know, I had only 15 more hours of living in a not Lukemia world.

No comments: