Blog Archive

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Date Books and Day 4, Looks like a go.

So  on Friday my much sought after Date Book Arrived.  It is soft and beautiful.  The pages are made from old maps so some are just blank with the letters and numbers on them, some have great old maps.  It is such a fun little book.  I have number 20 of 36.  I am hoping those are my good and lucky numbers.

I did nothing with it over the week-end. Then I decided that it needed to have something added.  I put the week's appointments in it and then looked ahead.  I decided to wait until the real sign off date for the transplant before I used my much loved fountain pen to  put in the rest.  I did put in Johnny's birthday and my sister Belle's.  They are next week so they are something we can count on.

I have put in the reservations at Rovers.  All in Ink.

I guess I want a life that is done in ink and not pencil.  I want to be able to say "I will join you" and mean it.  I want to look ahead to big events like the start of school and parent's week-end.  Oh, I so want to go to Parent's week-end (something I scoffed at as a silly endeavour).

Here is to filling in the date books lovely pages.

I just entered the 16th as the day we check into the hospital.

Also Purgatory Press has agreed to make 20 more on a special run for Mary-Elizabeth's fans.  They will go into 2013 because the month will be over before they can print them.  They are setting the type as we speak so let me know. With shipping they are $117.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks lovely. the little things of daily life that keep you in the moment. Enjoy.

Candi Merrill said...

It's like launching a mission to mars, isn't it? Let the countdown continue and just keep looking forward to having this over with and having great results. We'll be thinking of you!

AnneK said...

Last call for datebooks. Let me (or Sally) know if you'd like one.
Anne Kulinsky