Blog Archive

Sunday, January 01, 2012

All I want in 2012 is to make it to 2013.

So most were celebrating the end of 2011, a chance to forget the bad, relish the new and plow ahead into 2012.

Meb went with her great friend Joey to an early party.  They hung out until the  mass of humanity became dangerous and then they came home. 

Return happened around 9:00 pm and they started to watch James Bond movies.  Evidently life will not be complete until  all have been seen. 

 I am really don't know much that went on because about 5 I crawled in bed.  I was doing a bit of hydrocondrialation.  I just needed to just pull my head back in the shell and think and get ready for what will be NEW in 2012.


So so much of the old is not working and new is required.  We take so much for granted. We just assume that each day our heart will pump and our blood will circulate and that it will do its job.  Our hormones will be released when needed and not when they are superfluous. Most of us don't know that body systems have back up systems.  If you have insufficient cells to carry oxygen, you heart just beats faster.   Sort of amazing.  Back ups, not something perfected by NASA.

So here I sit.  We have a lot ahead of us in 2012 that will be new.  (I have to stop saying we.  We do not have cancer.  We do not face huge doses of chemotherapy and radiation and weeks of pain and agony and waiting. )


I am asking for one new thing in 2012.  I want my child to have the miracle of a new immune system and bone marrow that will just do it's job.  Nothing special, nothing that most people don't already have a system that dies its job and does not try to over achieve.  Reds, whites when needed, platelets when she runs low.  A few T cells and other things thrown in for fun. 

 Not much.  Not a car, or a trip, or a new diamond or second house  or sun 322 days a year, or an organized perfect house or a matching gravy bowl or even financial security, I want to know that we will make it to 2013 and beyond.  I want to be sitting here in a year, in the dark, at 5:00 in the am on the first day of the year and know that there is a sleeping child in the room close by that has finished watching all the James Bond movies that did not have to leave a party early because there  were people there.

That is my wish for 2012.

1 comment:

Linda said...

That is my wish for you and MEB. Our prayers are with you.