Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 1 or the Girls are Settling in.

There are so many things that are happening.  I am just trying to figure it out.  Ellie May and Pearl Ann arrived three hours late.  They had to  have a final bath.  They arrived and were then prepare.  Two small bags of sort of red Koolaide colored liquid.  They were infused using gravity only.  10 minutes each and it was over. 

Nurses sang "Happy Bone Marrow to You".  They had been cryo-preserved (frozen) with DSMO.  Uncle Alex and I retold Grampa John using this for healing purposes.  Then it was over and there was a lot of hovering, lots of checks and rechecking.  Then we went to to sleep.  Or I did.  Mary-Elizabeth was up several times but slept this A.M.  

We wait, we wait, we wait.  We have no way to know what is happening.  We are in the waiting phase......

There is much discussion on the floor whether or not Ellie May or Pearl Ann is going to win.  One of our doctors called them Thing One and Thing Two... I am just going to channel all the love I can to the two sets of baby cell and pray endlessly for success. 

So I think it is time to set up a pool that tracks who wins, what day we first find white blood cells and the number. 

Just a thought.  Also the Frans Hearts we passed out helped.  I am sure. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I woke up this morning picturing little Ellie Mae knitting away. Admittedly her stitches were a bit messy at first but she quickly got the hang of it and they are looking pretty good. Well, here's the thing - it turns out Pearl Ann is a second child - so she naturally began doing everything Ellie Mae did which means she is knitting away, too (and truth be told - she seems to be a natural with nice even stitches, but don't tell Ellie Mae - we don't want her to feel outclassed). So on they go - bone one; marrow two - bone one, marrow two and a lovely pattern is taking shape. I sure they are going to make something that fits Mary-Elizabeth to a T. Love, Roslyn

Lori Mann said...

I am rooting for Pearl Anne--just 'cause I like her name!!