Blog Archive

Friday, January 20, 2012

Day -4 of Bone Marrow Slaughter and Dose -8 and -7 of Total Body Irradiation or the Bob and Bob show.

We are in our new room, huge window, big space and my spare annex where I can write and escape from the world.  We are so, so, did I mention so so happy. 

I have not seen the counts but my child is tired, but thankfully willing to eat and drink to day.  Good night in the big room, but like any hotel, it takes a night to settle in.  We have been in really tight quarters and this room is huge. If this was a cruise, we would be on the top floor.  Mary-Elizabeth felt like I was too far away last night but we have decided she will be happier if I have my head at the other end of the bed.

Radiation began to day.  7 am and 5 pm.  We were up at 6:00 for Bob and Rob (I don't make this stuff up)  We were then transported by the ambulance to the University of Washington Medical Center.  The roads were passable but not the best.  The hospital did not seem to have plowed the entrance to the Emergency Room.  It did not deter us but could have any other vehicle.  Seemed odd but then who am I to understand these things. 

We found our way to the locked and closed Radiation oncology department.  Found a willing soul and worked our way in.  We were met by a very very awake nurse and the process began.  She had to change into their cloths, go to the room, stand between two specially constructed panels and stand for 45 minutes.  The panels are of various thicknesses so they can make sure each part of her body receives the same amount of radiation.  She did fine but was very tired after the process.  She was loaded back up, stuffed back in the ambulance and we returned.

She asked for Kettle Corn, (Thanks Snack Guy Andy) watched some I Luv Lucy and is now sleeping

4:15 pm  Repeat.



   On the way over Bob or Rob, received a page letting him know that the U was full up on Psych Patients.  They took me anyway.... 

.                                         .

1 comment:

Candi Merrill said...

You're both doing great. Keep going!