Blog Archive

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Poet Samuel Green, says it better then I can.

In the process of going through things and putting away Christmas Stuff... I ran across a book of poems by Samuel Green. 

I was looking through and found the following.  I think it is appropriate for this time in our lives.

October 18 New York City

On the Subway an
Polish man takes me in charge,
rides two stops past his own
to make ceratin I find
The right place to get off. When I try
to thank him, he shakes  his head
no, forget it.  No one, he says,
should be lost when someone else
knows the way.


1 comment:

Candi Merrill said...

I absolutely love this poem and couldn't agree more. Each person's path is a little different so there is no one that knows exactly the way you need to go, but there are many who know the general direction and can help you get there. Anyone who's been down your road is willing. Journal everything. Write down dates, names of people you meet, doctors, and everything that Mary Elizabeth and you are going through. You'll want to refer back to it later and it will be difficult to remember. You have more support in this than you even know.