Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day +7 and the search for answers and the right toothbrush.

A week, 7 days.  I am hoping that since God created heaven and earth and all of the creatures we should be almost done. 

This AM there was a very intent messenger here to pick up MEB's blood.  She is in a study and they are checking for the very very early signs of engraftment... Hey so am I.  I asked for any results they found.  The messenger said she would let me know.  I suspect I may not hear.  I think they really really want to be sure.  I want to be sure.  I want to know but then I have settled into not knowing.

She is eating, cheese cake, fruit loops, burritos, canned peaches, Starbucks Paninis, smoothies.  They are amazed.  There are sores but she really is trying to keep from the IV nutrition.  Keeping your digestive working is a good thing. 

She is the only girl her age going through this process right now.  John, Chris, Mario have all sucummed to no eating.  Mary-Elizabeth is looking for a great big sparkly star or a banner of some sort. 

I seem to be trapped.  I don't seem to be able to leave.  I must plan a mistake.  I will try and make an appointment.  I just feel a need to be close.  I am well settled and figure leaving is something I can do later.

 I don't want to not be gone if something happens.  So what could happen? you ask. Oh a million things, all so speculative.  Nothing is going to happen.  I know that but I just worry. 

I am leaving today because Meb needs a new toothbrush. We are searching for a Baby toothbrush one with princess on it.  The search for the the right toothbrush has been trying.  For you that are not in the "know" the newest and most popular feature of toothbrush is the tongue cleaners.  These are very difficult to deal with if the inside of your mouth is full of canker sores. 

So the girls, Ellie May and Pearl Ann are continuing to explore the world.  They learned today that they like Tiffany and Company.




2 comments:

Lori Mann said...

All girls like Tiffany & Co. Why should they be any different!!! xo

tracy aka rezpetmom said...

Bring on the drugs!!! A PCA is a blessing and a miracle. As far as the toothbrush goes - have you verified that she is allowed to brush? I recall vaguely that brushing liberates evil bacteria from the mouth... And of course she's a rockstar - always has been, always will be. Miss you. Love you.