Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dedications....

If I ever had to dedicate something to my child it would be a spiffy crew shell to be given to Holy Names specifically for the JV team to practice in and to row in during meets.  Hands down.  If they would not agree to that, I would give it to Green Lake Crew to beat Holy Names.

It simply sucks that I have thought about what I would do "IF".  Just as I forgetting what I would do, I was reminded last year I could be a mom dedicating something to my child.

The Seahawks dedicated the last game to Mario Guzman.  I don't ever want to have to think about it.

Ruby's parents raised money for a Bench in her favorite park.  Heidi bought a shell for Mt. Baker Crew.  I saw it go by and realized the majority of them are named after dead loved ones.

I want to dedicate things to my living daughter.  Simple as that.  I want her to dedicate something to me when I die.  None of this dedicating to people I love.

Okay, back to setting up the tent in our neighbor's yard.  Long story. Pictures to follow.

Dedicate today to someone you love that you can reach out and touch someway real.

It is something that comes up every now and then. 

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Whew. Beautiful reminder.