Blog Archive

Thursday, October 11, 2012

I am a Morning Blogger.

Like lots of things, some times are better then others.  I have not really had a morning at home since last Friday.  Lots of Morning things have been happening.  Blood draws, trips to the airport, housekeeper Fridays.  The usual sort of thing.  I am finding I need the quiet, a good pot of coffee and a a moment to reflect.  Maybe my anxiety builds up and then must be put on the paper to release and forget it.  

I realize that last few months I have had endless amounts of quiet time.  It took me a long time to just get off the fast track and settle in to "not working" and now I have started to merge back into the lanes of life.  School, job hunting, and general life that needs attending to on a regular basis.   

I have found I can be away for a couple of days but then the word and thoughts need a place to go and stay there.  Silence from us is not a bad thing.  

This was supposed to be an off week  and only be a blood draw to check a tacrolimus level.  Traco- is a very powerful and dangerous immunosupresent.  It does lots of things and one of them is make the kidneys mad.  She had an appointment on the 2nd of October and her kidney function was a bit "elevated".  Monday was a double check on levels but the meds were not taken at the right time so we had a draw yesterday morning.  Besides lots of water drinking, her levels are still high so I am not sure what that means but I expect to hear from them today.  

The call will go something like this..... "Um, we need you come in at....... just for a minute or two, just for a blood draw.  We need more information."  

Her veins are not cooperating.  We will negotiate for a Hector blood draw.  He is the best at the hospital and hope he is not on vacation.         

I think it is time to ask for another port.  They are a bit reluctant but if there need to be multiple blood draws and other stuff, it is time to press the issue.  

Hoping for a quiet week-end.  Always hoping.                                

No comments: