Blog Archive

Thursday, October 18, 2012

So, I am back in my Go With the Flow Mode.....

A week or so ago, I took a phone call from someone at the SCCA.  On the other end of the phone was a lovely, kind, smart, caring doctor asking me some questions.

To the normal happy go luck parent they would have been simple questions.  They would have been answered and then dismissed as nothing to worry about. We will do a couple of tests and see how it goes.

I am like the hyper alert crazy person when it comes to my daughter.  I have a 12th sense when a call comes and I analyze everything to the nth degree.  I hear what they say, imagine what they don't say and I go to the deepest, darkest place in the Universe.    It is my blood and in by very being. 

I have no choice.  I was born on the Salmon River, the famous River of No Return.  My  river looks like this.  Not a nice straight or normal river.  It is full of twists and turns and rapids and hidden rocks.  Remember once you go down this river, you never go back. 

When I receive one of those calls, I feel like this.  


 
I tell myself it will be all right, I think about what could happen, I call my family, my friends and share the panic.  I don't want to be one of those crazy wolf crying persons but  we all have to remember where we are in this journey.  We are not done with this river, yet.
 
So more appointments, some things to do and drop off, more blood to be let.  School is a good distraction.  I am picking up the language and looking for the secret handshake.  I think I have to do an MBA but that needs to wait until next month.
 
Floating Along.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: