Blog Archive

Friday, January 04, 2013

I am being reminded....

Of the first time MEB was in the hospital. 

It was a family gathering in Portland.  She was 5 years old.  She was allergic to grass and other such things and she had a huge reaction.  I just thought she needs some rest and some antihistamines.  She ended up in the hospital for three nights and had her first round of Prednisone. 

A foreshadowing of what was to happen?  I don't think so.  I think it was just an event. 

We are now here again.  In the hospital with lungs not functioning.  Oxygen a lot of the time.  Just waiting.  Waiting for them to rest and heal.  In a room, isolated. 

Its okay, she has been pretty content.  A bit of life back in her yesterday.  Lots of Pho broth.  Lots of chicken sorts of things.  Terriyakie, nuggets.  She is slowly coming back to life.  Oxygen is good for that sort of thing.

We are fighting about who moves out of the house the next time I get sick.  I think she needs to go.  I am going to stick to my guns.

It is housekeeper Friday so I have to get moving here.  Some stuff to put away.  A shower to take. Dogs need to be walked.  The usual.  I might go have breakfast somewhere or a better cup of coffee. 

Oh I just realized I have some beans in the car and the Lori Mann grinder.    Life is good.

No comments: