Blog Archive

Monday, June 09, 2014

Shifting Focus

Sometimes it is hard to make the shift.  Sometimes we have so much on one plain we don't see the other side or have another view of the world. 

I was reminded of this when I saw this picture.  I clearly stole it from an amazing photographer.  
 Are we coming or going?  Beginning or end? Start or finish? I guess it is the old "To Be or Not to Be? That is the question.

I think I am so beyond the worry and concern.  I think I can help other's who are starting the voyage but it takes just a moment, a note, a post, a call, an old picture, a question, a piece of paper to have it all come back in a rush.  Classic PTSD. I wonder when it does go away?

Meb drove herself to the eye doctor today.  She went to see Dr. Balter.  The same eye doctor who found the swollen optic nerves 10 years ago.  10 years of our lives have passed since that fate filled day.  120 months 3650 days.  One thing I can say is I sort of really know what has happened during these last 87,600 hours.  Oh do I know what has happened.  

Okay, so I have decided we are taking off.  We are not landing, we are not sitting around on any old daisy and just waiting for life to speed by too fast.  (Speeding is only for Iowa highways)

No comments: