Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

To Vaccinate or Not To Vaccinate... WE have the luxury of asking that question.

Rotavirus vaccines are being rolled out across Africa at a remarkable pace thanks to the support of the GAVI Alliance. To date, 21 African countries have introduced rotavirus vaccines in their national immunization programs (NIPs), of which 17 were supported by GAVI. PATH, through the Vaccine Implementation Technical Assistance Consortium, has successfully assisted and supported GAVI and countries in the design, planning, introduction, and/or integration of rotavirus vaccines. 


It baffles my mind that there are people out there that choose deliberately not to give their child the best possible chance to survive and grow into a healthy child.   The article above was posted by Kathy Neuzil MD.  She works for PATH.  They work on educating people around the world on the purpose and need for vaccinations.

I think of all the people that died of small pox, and suffered from Polio or died of Whooping Cough.  It just makes me crazy. 

I know there are lots and lots of scared moms that are sure vaccines cause autism.  There lives were forever changed because of that diagnosis and they want an answer.  I certainly would want an answer but over and over again the link is not valid.   Unfortunately many of the times that Autism Spectrum disorders manifest themselves at some point during a child's development, chances are there is some sort of vaccination that has happened. 

Now I am not a medical professional, I don't have a degree in Public Health, I had the mumps, measles and chicken pox and lived to tell about it.  I was also vaccinated with everything that was available.   I hated each and every time ME had to have her shots.  I started making her Dad take her to those appointments.  But

I also know what it is like to watch a child suffer and struggle fighting a disease.  Why would anyone not prevent a disease if they could.  If there was a vaccine to fight childhood cancer, I would be the first in line to make sure every child received that gift.

I can't talk about this issue anymore.  Neither can I talk about guns.    

I have seen too much death of young innocent children and the destruction is does to their families.  

Just so we are clear, I gained a new appreciation for donuts and Spam after our trip across the country.  I also craved fresh veggies and green green salad.  

No comments: